Technological developments lead to a whole new type of jobs. We need other skills for that. This also includes new ways of learning. Organizations on the Marineterrein are working together on smart solutions to help people learn differently. By devising, testing and applying new ways of learning, we want to make our society, our city and our neighborhood more resilient to these rapid changes.
NewSchool is a platform where knowledge about these new forms of learning is shared, both offline and online. The program consists of various meet-ups with pioneers and experts in this field. In addition, a trajectory for teachers is being developed in collaboration with the organizations on the Marineterrein. The aim is to make education accessible and attractive for as many people as possible.
Several organizations on the Marineterrein are working on this subject:
- For example, Codam offers a revolutionary programming course that you can follow without prior education.
- At Growth Tribe you can learn what artificial intelligence, growth hacking or blockchain can do for your company.
- At NEMO The Studio, everyone can learn about new technology and come up with solutions.
- IJsfontein trains people on the basis of gamification and playful learning.
- Digital Society School is a new form of education within the Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences (HvA), where students work together with researchers and companies on digital solutions to problems in society.
Collaboration with TechConnect
The TechConnect action program is an initiative of the Amsterdam Economic Board to bridge the gap between supply and demand on the labor market. TechConnect’s ambition is to activate 50,000 people in the coming four years. This is done with training and retraining for technical jobs. Important points for attention are: diversity, inclusiveness and the distribution of tech jobs throughout the Amsterdam Metropolitan Area. The TechConnect program consists of twelve components, including the TechConnect Week, Closer2Tech and MKB Digital Power Program.Share this experiment