Amsterdam Economic Board16 August 2018
By 2025, the Amsterdam Metropolitan Area (AMA) will be one of the top three most innovative regions in Europe. Amsterdam will then be celebrating its 750th anniversary. The goal is a smart, healthy and green region. In a rapidly changing world, the route to this objective is unpredictable. The Board charts uncertainties and transitions so the region can respond to them flexibly. We are working together on the metropolis of the future by contributing to five urban challenges. For each challenge, we have projected a point on the horizon. This is where we want the AMA to be by 2025:
- Circular Economy: by 2025, the Amsterdam Metropolitan Area will lead the field in the area of smart solutions for the conservation of raw materials, so that valuable materials can be used more efficiently and for longer.
- Digital Connectivity: by 2025, the Amsterdam Metropolitan Area will be the most important place in Europe for data-driven innovation.
- Health: by 2025, inhabitants of the Amsterdam Metropolitan Area will be able to expect two additional, healthy life years.
- Mobility: by 2025, urban transport in the Amsterdam Metropolitan Area will be zero emission.
- Jobs of the Future: by 2025, the Amsterdam Metropolitan Area will be the most successful region in Europe in terms of utilising, retaining and attracting talent.
By initiating, mobilising and furthering new initiatives within the scope of these challenges and with a focus on innovation, we are working towards the metropolis of the future.
Amsterdam Economic Board
gebouw 002 A
1018 JA Amsterdam
Follow de rode route, visible on lampposts and signposts.
View location on interactive map